Student engagement fair and jam-packed music festivals
Welcome Buckeyes! It’s been a hectic week, and there’s no better way to acclimatize to college than to familiarize yourself with some of the happenings around Columbus and on campus. Click on an event title for more information.
Note: Admission prices are shown before taxes/fees.
Thursday August 25
- Buckeye kick off: An Ohio State tradition that embraces school and community spirit, featuring student athletes and the Ohio State University Marching Band. The event is free with your BuckID.
- Latinx welcome kitchen: Ohio State students who identify as Latinx are welcome to this barbecue hosted by the Student Life Multicultural Center.
Friday August 26
- Escape Music Festival ($74-504 per ticket): The Chainsmokers, The Lane 8, Quinn XCII: Some of the biggest names in pop, electronic and rap music will take the stage at Historic Crew Stadium with a one-of-a-kind silent disco party.
- WonderBus ($50-285 per ticket): Duran Duran, Cannons, Daisy the Great: Located at The Lawn on CAS, this festival is for music lovers looking for big names but a smoother experience than Breakaway. Be sure to check D-Tix for a big discount on one day and three days pass.
- Students for Recycling Dump and Run Sale: Goodwill partners with Students for Recycling where students can donate gently used goods and purchase new ones.
- Family affair and reunion: Organized by the Frank W. Hale Black Cultural Center and the Center for Belonging and Social Change to connect African American students. The event will include food, games and more located at Hale Hall.
Saturday August 27
- Breakaway Music Festival ($79-504 per ticket): Griz, Slander, Jauz off the Deep End, Yung Gravy: Day two of the event features more musicians big and small.
- WonderBus: Lorde, COIN, Cautious Clay: Return for day two of the festival and enjoy more performances as well as local food trucks and vendors.
- Columbus Fiery Food Festival ($5-10 for general admission): The perfect event for spicy food lovers is also a way to experience some of the local cuisine. Cross the main bridge of the Scioto Mile to enjoy the view of Columbus.
Sunday August 28
- WonderBus: The Lumineers, Young the Giant, James Bay: The Lumineers will headline the final day of the festival for their first performance in Columbus since the pandemic.
- Columbus Fiery Foods Festival: Return to the festival for day two…if your taste buds can handle it.
- Student Participation Fair: Rescheduled from August 21, students will have the opportunity to browse thousands of organizations on the North and South Ovals.